|JOB SUMMARY : |
Utilizes the nursing process to provide comprehensive nursing care in the pre and post operative and procedure areas. Accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge in the pre and post operative and procedure areas.
|DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (General requirements listed are not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements) : |
1. Assesses patients on admission to pre- or post-op area, and on a continuing basis.
2. Provides safe, therapeutic, and high-quality patient care in the pre-op, post-op and procedure areas in a timely manner utilizing current nursing care standards.
3. Communicates appropriate information to surgeons and anesthesia providers concerning patient care.
4. Carries out physician’s orders promptly and accurately, documenting all activities.
5. Completes admission through discharge procedures safely, including pre- and post-operative instructions, and documentation according to established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
6. Conducts pre-op phone calls to include verbal assessment and instructions to patients.
7. Conducts post-op follow-up calls to include verbal assessment and instructions to patients.
8. Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency procedures for the Center and performs effectively in emergency situations.
9. Participates in the orientation of nursing and ancillary staff.
10. Follows proper procedures regarding blood and body fluid precautions, handling of hazardous waste and sharps, and use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
11. Respects patient rights to privacy and dignity and maintains confidentiality of all Center and patient information.
12. Assists in any area of the Center and/or flexes work hours to meet the needs of the Center.
|REQUIRED SKILLS/ABILITIES: |
1. General clinical competency in ambulatory patient care setting.
2. Demonstrates ability to gather pertinent medical history and provide concise instruction for pre-operative and post-operative care.
3. Strong communication skills.
4. Accuracy, attention to detail, timeliness, and organization skillsAttendance, punctuality, ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines.
5. Cooperative work attitude toward and with colleagues, management, patients, visitors, and physicians.
6. Ability to promote favorable facility image with physicians, patients, and general public.
7. Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: |
1. Current Wyoming Registered Nurse license, active and in good standing.
2. Current BLS, PALS and ACLS or obtain certification
|PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: |
1. Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
2. Demonstrates ability to lift and/or carry heavy loads when transferring patients and/or moving equipment.
3. Visual and auditory acuity adequate for frequent use of computers, telephone and use of other office and/or medical equipment.
|OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE: |
Category III exposure to blood borne pathogens and may encounter chemical hazards
To apply, visit our Careers page or click here.