Responsible for administering nursing care to patients in a safe, efficient, and courteous manner using proper nursing procedures. Accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care in the operating room and functioning as a patient care advocate.
The individual must provide the care needed as described in the Center’s nursing policies and procedures.
Reports To: Operating Room Charge Nurse and/or Director of Nursing
Supervises: CSR Technologist and/or Surgical Technologists
|DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (General requirements listed are not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements):|
1. Assess patients on admission to the operating room and on a continuing basis.
2. Provides safe, therapeutic, and quality patient care to the intra-operative patient in a timely manner utilizing nursing care standards.
3. Communicates appropriate information to surgeons and anesthesia providers concerning patient care.
4. Carries out physician’s orders correctly and promptly, documenting all activities.
5. Completes intra-operative procedures safely, provides pre-operative and post-operative discharge instructions as necessary, and documents all patient information according to established standards of care, policies, and procedures.
6. Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency procedures for the Center and performs effectively in emergency situations.
7. Participates in the orientation of nursing and ancillary staff, if applicable.
8. Follows proper procedures regarding blood and body fluid precautions, handling of hazardous waste and sharps, and use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
1. Knowledge of perioperative nursing principles
2. Knowledge of aseptic techniques and infection control principles
3. Able to perform effectively in highly stressful situations
4. Exercises sound judgement and decision-making skills on behalf of patients, self, and co-workers
5. Strong communication skills
6. Accuracy, attention to detail, timeliness, and organization skills
7. Cooperative work attitude toward and with colleagues, management, patients, visitors, and physicians
8. Ability to promote favorable facility image with physicians, patients, and general public
9. Respects patient’s right to privacy and dignity and maintains confidentiality of all Center and patient information.
10. Assists in any area of the center and/or flexes work hours to meet the needs of the Center.
11. Attendance, punctuality, ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines
|EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:|
1. Wyoming licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse, Active and in good standing. (CNOR certification preferred.)
2. Prefer minimum one (1)-year experience as a Perioperative Nurse – scrubbing skills preferred.
3. Current BLS, PALS and ACLS
1. Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
2. Demonstrates ability to lift and/or carry heavy loads when transferring patients and/or moving equipment.
3. Visual and auditory acuity adequate for frequent use of computers, telephone and use of other office and/or medical equipment
Category III exposure to bloodborne pathogens and may encounter chemical hazards
To apply, visit our Careers page or click here.